Must Read! Regarding Adoptions in Kentucky
The Kentucky Adoption Coalition is comprised of Kentucky licensed child-placing agencies which are dedicated to promoting adoption through education and the ethical and compassionate treatment of birth parents, adoptive parents, and children. We are pleased that you are exploring adoption.
About the Kentucky Revised Statute 199.590 (3)
If you live in Kentucky and want to place a child for adoption or adopt a child, it is important to seek services from a Kentucky licensed adoption agency. The role of an attorney in an adoption is to prepare legal documents and facilitate court proceedings; attorneys are not licensed to act as intermediaries in placing a child for adoption. Doctors, nurses, hospitals, pregnancy help centers, and other professionals are not licensed to present profiles of adoptive couples to birthparents wishing to place a child. Kentucky Revised Statute 199.590 (3) specifically states, “No person, association or organization other than the Cabinet or a child placing institution or agency shall place a child or act as an intermediary in the placement of a child for adoption or otherwise, except in the home of a stepparent, grandparent, sister, brother, aunt, or uncle, or upon written approval of the secretary.” Violation of any provisions of Kentucky Revised Statutes199 are subject to fine and/or imprisonment.
Viewing National Adoption Sites
Please be aware that when you view national adoption websites, most are not licensed as child placing agencies in Kentucky and should not be acting as intermediaries by matching Kentucky birth parents and adoptive couples.
List of Licensed Members of the Kentucky Adoption Coalition
Members of the Kentucky Adoption Coalition who are licensed to provide adoption services in Kentucky are listed below (in alphabetical order).
- A Helping Hand
- Adopt! inc.
- Adoption and Home Study Specialists
- Adoption Assistance
- Adoption Bridges of Kentucky
- All Blessings International (Kentucky Adoption Services)
- America World Adoption Association
- Bethany Christian Services
- Child Place, Inc.
- Catholic Charities – Lexington (A Caring Connection)
- Catholic Charities – Louisville (A Caring Connection)
- Catholic Charities – Northern Kentucky (A Caring Connection)
- Catholic Charities – Owensboro (A Caring Connection)
- Global Adoption, Counseling, Cultural Resources, Inc.
- Heart to Home Adoption Agency
- Jewish Family and Career Services
- LDS Family Services
- Love Basket
- Mary Kendall Adoption Program
- St. Elizabeth Adoption Services